Running a start-up as a student can be extremely daunting. The tough student life can harm your creativity. To help you wake up your creativity, we’ve put together the 3 best ways to challenge your creativity.
Pushing Yourself To Think Creatively
Being a student entrepreneur can be daunting. It can be tough to be creative as an entrepreneur with a stressful academic routine. And to take your start-up to the next level, it is crucial to be innovative. So, if you feel like your start-up needs more time and attention, take a break from your assignments. You can find a cheap essay writing service canada to sort out your academic life. And give quality time to your business.
Mind-mapping can play a significant role when looking for innovative ideas and creative solutions. It is one of the powerful ways to develop clarity about your problems and solutions. Besides, it can be fun to draw what’s in your mind. The further you get from the starting point, the more you can discover hidden ideas.
Supplies you need: paper and a pen.
Time: 15 to 60 minutes.
- Write your problem, challenge, or topic in the center of the paper and encircle it;
- Take out some branches from this circle to make some connections to your challenge or topic;
- One of your ideas can also lead to an entirely new topic. So, you can draw a bubble of any shape around it and then branch it out further. Think what else you can add to the branches – anything relevant to the central theme;
- Keep doing it for several minutes or take a productive break. At first, you may feel blank. But, once you get in the flow, your brain will keep producing ideas.
If all of this is too time-consuming, you can ask a professional writer: to help me write my essay. Doing so will help you submit your assignment on time while helping your business grow.
Learning From Observing Others
You have probably met various people and watched them and listened to them. Synthesizing all this data can be challenging. Remember, a fundamental principle of creative thinking is to start the process with empathy. Take control of your emotions and observation. Organize and synthesize all the knowledge you gather with an “empathy map.”
Supplies you’ll need: A big flip chart or whiteboard, board marker or pens, and post-its.
Time: 30 to 90 minutes.
- Divide your board or chart into four quadrants. Label them as “say”, “think”, “do” and “feel”.
- Write down your thoughts, observations, and feelings on sticky notes and post them in the “feel” and “think” sections. In the “do” section, post your observations about what people DO. In the “say” section, place your observations about what people SAY. Color coding your observation is also a great idea. You can use green for all the positive things, yellow or blue for neutral, and red for the negative or pain points.
- When observing people, pay attention to their choice of words, tone, and body language. Doing so will help you infer what they think and what they feel.
- When you’re done writing and posting, take a step back. It’s time to look at the map as a whole. Look at it carefully and draw some conclusions from what you have written. Consider asking yourself or your team these questions:
- Is there anything new and surprising;
- Are there disconnects or contradictions between or within the four sections;
- Are there any unexpected patterns? If yes, what are they;
- Do you see any latent human need emerging?
While doing this activity, you need focus and concentration. If you’re worried about your academic deadline at the back of your mind, you’re disrupting your creative juices. So, choose a good essay writing service canada for your academic assignments, and give your 100% when doing creative activities.
Encouraging And Accepting Critique
It can be tough to take feedback without letting your defensiveness distract you. Remember, constructive criticism is essential. There can be a valuable message in every feedback you receive. So, practice creative confidence on your team. The team members need to feel free to give and receive their feedback.
Supplies you’ll need: keep a word document open for taking notes. Or, use a pen and a diary. You can also use post-its or index cards.
Time: 10 to 30 minutes
- The team members take turns and share what I wish, and I like statements;
- The facilitator records the statements;
- Members receiving the feedback must only listen;
You can also conduct a separate discussion session to discuss and clarify the feedback. Suppose your academic deadlines are keeping you busy. Sort it out by finding the best essay writing service canada for your academic assignments.
All in all, you need time to carry out activities that help your creative juices flow. And it can be challenging to do so as a student. So, follow the activities mentioned above to wake up your creativity.